Last time I posted a blog talked about SkyDrive is Live with OneNote Sync which you can Sync OneNote 2010 notebooks to SkyDrive. Now you can put every files in your PC on the SkyDrive and access it from anywhere, any devices.
Earlier today, Mike Torres and Omar Shahine from Microsoft, posted a blog via the Building Windows 8 blog site announced new SkyDrive Windows desktop client release. The SkyDrive release also includes new version for several platforms including Mac OS X, iPad, Windows Phone, iPhone. Continue reading
When you try to re-install an app that you had previously deleted from your windows phone, you might get the error there are no refunds for this purchase.
To resolve this, follow these steps.
- Go to http://www.windowsphone.com, sign in,
- Click on "My Phone" and then on "Account".
- You should be able to find reinstall button for the app you want to reinstall
After you save OneNote notebooks to SkyDrive, and access OneNote from windows phone, you might notice that the only notebook syncs and shows up in Windows Phone is Personal (Web).
If you want to open/sync other notebooks other than Personal Web on windows phone, there are two options
Option 1 – Using IE on Windows Phone
- Open IE browser from windows phone, go to http://office.live.com.
- Then tap the notebook that you want to open, this will launch OneNote on windows phone and notebook will get opened and synced
Option 2 – Send notebook link via email
- Open notebooks you want to sync in OneNote 2010 from your desktop PC.
- Copy link to notebooks and send to your email account
- On windows phone, open the above links from your email
- OneNote will be launched and notebook will get opened and synced.
Note: if you go with option 1, make sure you have IE set to mobile version before go to http://office.live.com
In Zune 4.7, you can’t sync non-media files to windows phone. If you want to read pdf offline on your windows phone, you have two options
- Email the pdf files to youself, and open the pdf file from your windows phone. Next time when you open Adobe Reader, the pdf file will show up in the document list.
- Upload the pdf file to SkyDrive and then use browse to download them.
#2 applies to other file types that is supported in windows phone 7. Sync eBooks to phone for offline reading is a very common scenario for mobile users. Hope Microsoft can make this easier in Mango.
WARNING: Resetting your windows phone will erase all of your personal content, including apps that you purchased and downloaded, and restore your phone back to the condition it was when you first bought it.
You may want to reset your windows phone to factory settings if you found it not operating well, or forget your PIN. Also If you have a problem with the first Live account you used and wish to change it, you must completely reset the phone.
Reset Windows Phone to factory settings
- From home page on your Windows Phone, flick left to the app list page
- Tap Settings, then tap about
- Tap reset your phone which located at the bottom of about screen.
- When ask for reset confirmation, click yes
Reinstall APPs after phone reset
To reinstall applications that were purchased from the phone, apps must be repurchased from the Marketplace on the phone. When you select “buy”, you should see the message “You’ve already purchased this app. Would you like to install it again?” Select Install to reinstall the application. You will see a similar message when purchasing free applications.
Start from OneNote 2010, when you creating new notebooks, you can save notebooks to SkyDrive directly so they are available to you everywhere.
How to synchronize OneNote and SkyDrive
- On your PC, open OneNote 2010.
- Go to the Notebook you want to enable sync, click on File > Share
- Choose your Notebook and then click on the Sign In button and enter your Live ID(aka MSN/Hotmail/XBox ID)
- Once you sign in, click on the Share Notebook button in the lower right. It will upload your notebook to your Skydrive
- Now notebooks will be automatically synced among different OneNote clients if they are online.
The Microsoft Training Kit is free download that contains useful training resources. Here is a list of some latest useful training kits, the training content includes demo, videos, presentations, hands on lab and some code samples. Enjoy it
- 2010 Apr – Add Silverlight 4 Training
- 2010 May – Add Office 2010 and SharePoint 2010 Training Kit
- 2010 June – Add Windows Azure Training Kit
- 2010 Aug – Update SQL Server 2008 R2 & Windows Azure Training Kit
- 2010 Sep – Add Windows Phone 7 Training Kit
- 2010 Dec – Add VS LightSwitch & Lync Server 2010 Training Kit
- 2011 March – Add PHP on Windows SQL Server Training Kit
- 2012 March – Add SQL Server 2012 Developer Training Kit
- 2012 April – Add Windows Server 8 HOL
- 2012 June – Add Azure Training Kit
- 2012 Dec – Add Windows Phone 8 Training Kit