Run Office Web Apps setup
- From Office Web Apps CD, run Setup.exe
- On the Enter your Product Key page, enter your product key, and then click Continue
- Install Now to install to the default location
- When Setup finishes, a dialog box prompts you to complete the configuration of your server. Be sure that the Run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard now check box is selected and then click Close to start PSConfig.
- If you left the Run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard now check box selected in the previous step, on the PSconfig Welcome to SharePoint Products page, click Next
- In the dialog box that notifies you that some services might have to be restarted or reset during configuration, click Yes.
- On the Configuration Successful page, click Finish. Your new SharePoint site opens Continue reading →
What are Office Web Apps?
Microsoft Office Web Apps are Microsoft Office Live products that exceed Office product experience to web browsers. Office Web Apps allow you access, edit or share Office documents from anywhere thru internet.
How can I get Office Web Apps?
For personal use, Office Web Apps are free for personal use ( with ADs). All web documents are stored in Windows Live SkyDrive. You will have a Windows Live ID in order to access your web documents. Checkout my previous post on how to Save OneNote directly to SkyDrive.
For business use, Office Web Apps can be deployed to SharePoint server 2010 sites. Detail installation guide can be download from Microsoft Microsoft Download Center
Which browsers are supported for Office Web apps?
- Internet Explorer 7 and 8
- Firefox 3.5
- Safari 4
When you install Office Web Apps on windows 7 that has Sharepoint 2010, you will see following error message
Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error(s):
Windows Server Features or Role Services required by this product are not enabled.
For a complete list, refer to the link below. For the list of pre-requisites needed to install the product please refer to:
Correct the issue(s) listed above and re-run setup.
You can install all required prerequisites for this product by selecting the ‘Install software prerequisites’ option in the splash screen. See Help for more information.
This is because Office Web Apps can only be installed on a server operation system. Office Web Apps can only be installed on Windows 2008 Server x64 SP2 or R2 now. Also keep in mind Office Web App can only be installed after SharePoint Foundation 2010 or SharePoint server 2010 is installed.
Office 2010 has a few great new features and improvements which make sharing and collaboration easier than ever.
OneNote Web Application
You can now create OneNote notebooks through web browsers and have other people to view, edit and collaborate anywhere. All notebooks created online will be saved to SkyDrive so you will need to have a Windows Live ID.
OneNote Web Application is free, just like other similar live service Microsoft has delivered over many years (hotmail, messenger). To get start with OneNote Web App, go to http://office.live.com and logon with your Windows Live ID. OneNote Web Application has familiar OneNote interface so you don’t have to learn it.
Continue reading →
Start from OneNote 2010, when you creating new notebooks, you can save notebooks to SkyDrive directly so they are available to you everywhere.
How to synchronize OneNote and SkyDrive
- On your PC, open OneNote 2010.
- Go to the Notebook you want to enable sync, click on File > Share
- Choose your Notebook and then click on the Sign In button and enter your Live ID(aka MSN/Hotmail/XBox ID)
- Once you sign in, click on the Share Notebook button in the lower right. It will upload your notebook to your Skydrive
- Now notebooks will be automatically synced among different OneNote clients if they are online.
Continue reading →
SkyDrive is live with OneNote Sync, you can now go to Office.live.com and start upload your OneNote files. Office Web Apps on SkyDrive are available free for personal use.
When you creating New Notebook in OneNote 2010, you can now save it to SkyDrive directly. To get start, you will need to have a Windows Live ID, and sign in when you are asked to. Notebooks will be automatically synced among different OneNote clients if they are online.
Continue reading →