Run Office Web Apps setup
- From Office Web Apps CD, run Setup.exe
- On the Enter your Product Key page, enter your product key, and then click Continue
- Install Now to install to the default location
- When Setup finishes, a dialog box prompts you to complete the configuration of your server. Be sure that the Run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard now check box is selected and then click Close to start PSConfig.
- If you left the Run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard now check box selected in the previous step, on the PSconfig Welcome to SharePoint Products page, click Next
- In the dialog box that notifies you that some services might have to be restarted or reset during configuration, click Yes.
- On the Configuration Successful page, click Finish. Your new SharePoint site opens Continue reading
What are Office Web Apps?
Microsoft Office Web Apps are Microsoft Office Live products that exceed Office product experience to web browsers. Office Web Apps allow you access, edit or share Office documents from anywhere thru internet.
How can I get Office Web Apps?
For personal use, Office Web Apps are free for personal use ( with ADs). All web documents are stored in Windows Live SkyDrive. You will have a Windows Live ID in order to access your web documents. Checkout my previous post on how to Save OneNote directly to SkyDrive.
For business use, Office Web Apps can be deployed to SharePoint server 2010 sites. Detail installation guide can be download from Microsoft Microsoft Download Center
Which browsers are supported for Office Web apps?
- Internet Explorer 7 and 8
- Firefox 3.5
- Safari 4
Start from OneNote 2010, when you creating new notebooks, you can save notebooks to SkyDrive directly so they are available to you everywhere.
How to synchronize OneNote and SkyDrive
- On your PC, open OneNote 2010.
- Go to the Notebook you want to enable sync, click on File > Share
- Choose your Notebook and then click on the Sign In button and enter your Live ID(aka MSN/Hotmail/XBox ID)
- Once you sign in, click on the Share Notebook button in the lower right. It will upload your notebook to your Skydrive
- Now notebooks will be automatically synced among different OneNote clients if they are online.
SkyDrive is live with OneNote Sync, you can now go to Office.live.com and start upload your OneNote files. Office Web Apps on SkyDrive are available free for personal use.
When you creating New Notebook in OneNote 2010, you can now save it to SkyDrive directly. To get start, you will need to have a Windows Live ID, and sign in when you are asked to. Notebooks will be automatically synced among different OneNote clients if they are online.
When you upgrade Office 2010 from BETA to RTM, you might get Error 1731 the source installation package for the product Microsoft Office Office 64-bit Components 2010 is out of sync with the client package as shown in this screenshot.
You might see OneNote failed to start with following error message displayed
OneNote is unable to start. This may be caused by insufficient hard drive space or by insufficient write permissions for OneNote’s notebook cache files in you user setting folder. Try to delete any unnecessary files from your computer and then try starting OneNote again. If this message persists, contact your system administrator. Error code: 0x45D
To change theme in Outlook 2010
- Open outlook, click Files, then Options
- On the General tab, select a different theme in Color scheme drop down.