To open a SharePoint 2010 Document Library in Explorer view, following these steps
- In the Ribbon area on top of document library page, click on the Library tab of Library Tools.
- Click Open with Explorer, a window explorer will pop up in which you can directly manage all documents.
- If you can’t see the Open with Explorer button, try maximize the browser window.
To Enable SharePoint Designer on your SharePoint Site Collection
- Go to Site Settings > Site Collection Administration > SharePoint Designer Settings
- Select Enable SharePoint Designer
- Select Enable Detaching Pages from the Site Definition
- Select Enable Customizing Master Pages and Page Layouts
- Select Enable Managing of the Web Site URL Structure
- Click the OK button to save the changes.
What are Office Web Apps?
Microsoft Office Web Apps are Microsoft Office Live products that exceed Office product experience to web browsers. Office Web Apps allow you access, edit or share Office documents from anywhere thru internet.
How can I get Office Web Apps?
For personal use, Office Web Apps are free for personal use ( with ADs). All web documents are stored in Windows Live SkyDrive. You will have a Windows Live ID in order to access your web documents. Checkout my previous post on how to Save OneNote directly to SkyDrive.
For business use, Office Web Apps can be deployed to SharePoint server 2010 sites. Detail installation guide can be download from Microsoft Microsoft Download Center
Which browsers are supported for Office Web apps?
- Internet Explorer 7 and 8
- Firefox 3.5
- Safari 4
When you install Office Web Apps on windows 7 that has Sharepoint 2010, you will see following error message
Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error(s):
Windows Server Features or Role Services required by this product are not enabled.
For a complete list, refer to the link below. For the list of pre-requisites needed to install the product please refer to:
Correct the issue(s) listed above and re-run setup.
You can install all required prerequisites for this product by selecting the ‘Install software prerequisites’ option in the splash screen. See Help for more information.
This is because Office Web Apps can only be installed on a server operation system. Office Web Apps can only be installed on Windows 2008 Server x64 SP2 or R2 now. Also keep in mind Office Web App can only be installed after SharePoint Foundation 2010 or SharePoint server 2010 is installed.