If you have a machine in domain turned off for a few weeks. You might log in failed with error “The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship” when it’s turned on. The error message means the target machine losts domain relationship with domain controller, you can follow these steps to login to domain again:
- Log in with local administrator
- Open system properties windows, on the Computer Name tab, click button Change
- Delete the domain name, re-enter it with domain NetBIOS name (if the domain is sysdomain.local, then the NetBios name is sysdomain)
- Input the credential of sysdomainmachine to join this machine to domain
- Click OK to close the confirmation window
- A reboot is needed to take effective
After reboot you can login to the domain with domain account.