Earlier we mentioned that OneNote Sync is lived with SkyDrive. With SkyDrive people can save OneNote to SkyDrive directly and access it from any pc. But it used to impossible to access OneNote from iPhone due to technical safari limitations.
Today Microsoft releases Official OneNote for mobile completely free for a limited time. Following are detail feature descriptions copied from App Store.
Microsoft OneNote Mobile is the easy-to-use, powerful note-taking application for all of your ideas, brought to you by Microsoft Office. OneNote Mobile lets you create and view notes and lists whenever you need them. Sync your notes with free Windows Live online storage and access them from virtually anywhere using your phone, PC, or almost any web browser.
With OneNote Mobile, you can:
▪ Create flexible notes that can include text, pictures, bullets, and checkboxes
▪ Check To Do items off on the go
▪ Save time with quick access to your most recent notes
▪ Work with confidence—OneNote Mobile automatically syncs your notes with Windows Live in the background
▪ Organize your notes into sections or create new notebooks using OneNote 2010 or OneNote Web App and access them from your iPhone
▪ iPhone or iPod touch must have iOS 4.2 or higher
▪ A free Windows Live ID is required to use OneNote Mobile —use an existing one or let OneNote Mobile help you sign up
▪ Web functionality uses the free OneNote Web App available on Windows Live, which requires a supported web browser
▪ OneNote Mobile opens notebooks created in Microsoft OneNote 2010 or the OneNote Web App
▪ Customizing section colors requires Microsoft OneNote 2010
If you have an iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 4.2, you can download OneNote for iPhone from the Apple App Store.
- OneNote is only available in US App Store right now so you need to have an US iTunes ID to download it.
- FREE download for a limited time means the app won’t always be free. Download it now so you can get free update later.
- The app works on iPad as well
- You might wonder what Personal Web notebook is. It is the default notebook SkyDrive creates for users. Important: Do not rename this notebook. If this notebook is renamed in SkyDrive, the sync relationship is broken.
- If you get 400 error when logon or sync, just keep trying, this is a known issue http://blogs.msdn.com/b/descapa/archive/2011/01/18/onenote-mobile-for-iphone-re-quot-loading-list-of-notebooks-failed-400-quot-error.aspx. For me, after five or six attempts it’s able to log in normally and syncs notebooks fine.
- It seems OneNote only sync notebooks that are visible in SkyDrive. It can’t sync notebooks shared by my team members.
Update on 1/20: OneNote is now in the top 10 free apps but with a very bad rating, seems most of them have to do with 400 login error.
I had my credit card in the wallet on my iPhone and I pay 100 a month for the phone so for at least 4 months iTunes bills u another 10 dollars for nothing Then they give u a phone number that does not work u call apple and they give u the same number for iTunes that’s great customer service so apple protects iTunes so they can make more money Thanks for all your hard work
Hi please I checked my account and I see I was been charged for £20.98 which I don’t understand …I need my money to be refund because I don’t think I ever purchase anything from you..hope to hear from you soon..Thanks
Please please Apple ITUnes give me my money back