Once Hyper-V role is enabled on windows server 2008/R2, Hyper-V manager will be installed automatically. However, you don’t need to log on to Hyper-V host server to use Hyper-V manager. Instead, you can manage Hyper-V machines remotely from you Win7 desktop.
To manage Hyper-V machines remotely from Win 7, following these steps:
- Install Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7, download here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7d2f6ad7-656b-4313-a005-4e344e43997d&displaylang=en
- Go to Start > Control panel Under Programs, click on Get programs
- On the left panel, click on Turn Windows feature on or off
- On the feature list, expand Remote Server Administration roles > Role Administration Tools, mark Hyper-V Tools, then click OK
- Go to Administrative tools > Hyper-V Manager, launch it
- Now you can manage Hyper-V virtual machines from your windows 7 box.
June 4, 2012 – RSAT is not needed in Windows 8, as client Hyper-V is now part of Windows 8. See Install Hyper-V Manager on Windows 8 for detail
Apr 24, 2010 – RSAT does not work on VISTA. For VISTA, you should install MMC Management Snapin instead.
Thanks, just have hpyer-v manager enabled on my laptop win7 sp1 successfully.
do you have windows 7 sp 1 home premium
The only requirement to install it is that you have to run Vista SP1 which I do. After installing it on my Vista Ultimate machine is worked perfectly however when I’ve tried to install it on Vista Home Premium machine it doesn’t create any files. I’ve tried to manually move files from ultimate machine to home premium but that didnt help since all virtualization assemblies are missing on home premium.
Can someone please verify that Hyper-V Management tools is not compatible of Vista Home premium Sp1 or direct me into right direction on order to get it working.
Pingback:Does Windows 7 support Hyper-V Manager? - Just just easy answers
Pingback:How to: Does Windows 7 support Hyper-V Manager? #dev #programming #it | Good Answer
Pingback:How to: Does Windows 7 support Hyper-V Manager? #programming #solution #computers | IT Info
i tried to install 64bit one on my windows 7 sp1 home premium 64 bit and it said that this update is not applicable to this computer.
ANY HELP PLEASE?