Obtain the following:
- USB Key
- Windows Automated Installation Kit
Steps to create the Bootable USB Key:
Important note: This set of commands assumes your USB key is detected as disk 1, you should double check that by doing a list of the disks before cleaning it. If you have multiple hard drives you need USB disk # in command 2.b)
- Install the Windows Automated Installation Kit on a workstation.
- On the workstation, with the USB key plugged in, run the following
b. select disk 1
d. create partition primary
e. select partition 1
g. format fs=fat32
- From the Start menu select “Windows PE Tools Command Prompt”
- In the command window run: copype.cmd x86 c:winpe_x86
Note: 64bit version can be created by changing x86 in the above to amd64
- In the command window run the following: xcopy c:winpe_x86iso*.* /s /e /f e:
Note: Change c: to reflect the drive your files on and e: to be your USB key.
Now you have a bootable WinPE USB key.